By Ratdog (Charles Greene) and Cyclops (Duane Crone)
A fellow Vermin's Valkyrie's side cover tab broke off, so here's what we did
to make the repair. (The tab from the side cover, not the one on the center
The finish was sanded off of the back side of the cover around the broken tab area.
A "staple" used for securing (house wiring) romex to building studs was scrounged up, and it just happens to be the correct width. (Measure yours before you go to the store to buy a few, could be more than one size made).
We then got a torch fired up and while one of us held the staple with a couple of pairs of needle nose pliers (one holding each leg of the staple), the other heated up the staple, then (after shutting off the torch) held the cover. The red hot staple was then placed into position. We made note of the distance needed, so that it would match the side which wasn't broken. Once it cooled down (it "welds itself" to the plastic), we mixed up some epoxy and spread it over top of the patch, let it dry and put the side cover back on again.
Here's the finished repair (just before the epoxy went on).
Mods Page | Home Page